Fleuroselect, the International Organisation for the Ornamental Plants Industry in Netherlands is looking for an organisational talent with PR experience.
Fleuroselect is the international organisation for the ornamental plants industry. Founded in 1970, its members are breeders of new ornamental varieties, young plant producers of cuttings and seedlings, seed distributors, seed producers and companies active in the wholesale distribution of packet seeds for the Home Gardening industry.
The organisationís main activities are:
- Organisation of trials of new ornamental varieties
- Promotion of awarded varieties and of the Fleuroselect Organisation via media, direct contacts and events
- Organisation of conventions and conferences for members and non-members
- Fleuroselect is managed by a Board of Directors and run by a small secretariat in The Netherlands. It is member funded.
- PR and marketing tasks including production of brochures, newsletters and press releases.
- Website content management and social media development
- Organisation of conventions and conferences including registration and purchasing.
- Representation at trade fairs and open days.
- Assistance at meetings and with reports.
- Proven experience in PR, marketing and organisation.
- Affinity with the horticultural sector.
- Fluent in English, excellent writing skills (native level a plus) and good working knowledge of Dutch. Some understanding of German and French.
- Good IT skills. Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is an advantage.
- Abilty to travel abroad for short periods.
- You enjoy meeting and interacting with people.
- You understand the ethos of working for an organisation and are service-minded.
- You enjoy working in a small team.
Location and contract
Location: Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Hours: Approx. 28 per week. We offer a work schedule which is flexible and can be built around personal
Fleuroselect follows the collective labour agreement for the Dutch Seed Industry
Please submit your application and C.V. by 20th March 2012 to: Sally van der Horst at